Process all aspects of payroll including time sheet accumulation and entry, check processing, completion of tax returns and deposits, certified payroll processing monthly reporting. Maintain payroll records, complete applicable forms and coordinate with Human Resources department as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Gather time sheets for all field and office personnel and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Enter time sheets into accounting system and review edit reports to ensure all time is collected and entered.
- Process equipment utilization programs after each payroll.
- Work with Heavy Jobs to collect timecard data entry performed by field staff.
- Print and distribute payroll checks and direct deposit notices. Transmit direct deposit information via modem to bank (including pre-note data).
- Generate weekly payroll registers and other recurring reports to ensure completeness of files.
- Process weekly-certified payroll and HUD payroll reports as needed.
- Coordinate Prevailing Wage compliance with subcontractor, use LCP Tracker or other software to track and communicate PW issues to project teams and subcontractors.
- Prepare weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly payroll tax returns for review by Controller.
- Process court requested withholdings (child support, garnishments, etc.).
- Reconcile Team Member receivables and other tax accounts monthly/quarterly.
- Coordinate with HR and process all Personnel Action Forms for changes in pay, changes in withholdings and termination of employment.
- A Resource to all Team Members for any payroll related matter.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Education and Experience:
- Accounting/Business degree or advanced payroll training.
- Two years of experience with payroll and human resource processing.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer knowledge (spreadsheets, word processing and accounting)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and interpersonal
- Strong organizational skills with particular attention to detail
Corna Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Corna Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.