Position Summary:Responsible for providing field support services and assisting managers, supervisors and team members with the implementation of specific Company Safety and Health policies and procedures. Regulatory compliance, and continual improvement of the overall performance of the Company in a manner that is consistent with the Company’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Company Safety and Health Program at various project locations.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for reducing and eliminating injuries, illness and other incidents in a manner that effectively ensures the attainment of business unit targets and objectives.
- Provide training and education to Company personnel regarding safety and health requirements.
- Support pre-job safety planning meetings to plan for potential hazards and problems prior to start of job, and develop emergency response plans for projects
- Initiate, coordinate and lead safety meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company policy and procedures.
- Independently initiate, perform and document safety and health audits, evaluations, inspections and/or behavioral observations throughout the Company’s operations and communicate and facilitate the implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist in the investigation of injury, illness and general liability incidents.
- Develop and issue regular safety and health correspondence.
- Provide updated information to team members regarding updates to company or regulatory requirement changes.
- Self-identify team members that need assistance, training, or support meeting the Company safety and health requirements.
- Coordinate project safety programs with subcontractors, vendors and third-party personnel to ensure adherence to Company safety policies and procedures.
- Serve as a point of contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and/or personnel, including but not limited to OSHA, when the Company Safety Manager is not available.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Safety and Health or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience.
- Two (2) to Five (5) plus years of experience with safety and health in the construction industry is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations as well as other state/federal safety regulations and company safety policies/procedures.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to independently prioritize.
- Ability to think independently, communicate thoroughly and influence the implementation of the appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Ability to work in high production environment (50+ hours/week, including nights and weekends) and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies as they relate to the safety of our work.
- Ability to positively interact and influence front line supervisors and field personnel to create a safe work environment.
Certificates Licenses and Registrations:
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving record required.
- CPR/First Aid instructor certification preferred.
- OSHA 30-Hour and 10-Hour Trainer certification preferred.
- OSHA 40 Hour Certification for Hazardous Material Clean-Up Operations is preferred.
Corna Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.