Supervise and coordinate activities of workers assigned to his/her crew to ensure conformance to the job’s specifications within company standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign tasks and delegate responsibility to individuals.
- Evaluate the work to ensure safety, quality, and productivity requirements are being met.
- Meet with the crew each morning before work begins to discuss how the work will be safely accomplished that day.
- Maintain constant communication with the Project Superintendent to assure that all members of the team are aware of the current plan or any necessary changes to the plan.
- Attend weekly project meetings.
- Provide training and guidance to those on the foreman’s crew and serve as a mentor to apprentices and new hires.
- Maintain a clean jobsite.
- Provide safety and technical support to associates assigned to their crew paying particular attention to new associates during their first six months.
- Assist in the training of company’s safety program and enforce company’s safety program.
- Monitor training and assist in accessing the abilities of associates especially during the probationary period by providing verbal and written feedback.
- Provide assistance with all preplanning operations and in the actual performance of the high-risk work activity.
- Provide assistance with the company apprenticeship program by instructing, serving as a mentor, or providing feedback to the program administrators.
- Monitor progress of apprentices by completing On-the-Job Training records to assure proper training goals and deadlines are met.
- Coordinates with the Project Superintendent to ensure that projects are staffed and equipped to achieve safety, budget, and production goals.
- Monitor job cost reports to assure production goals are being met and makes any necessary changes needed.
- Order materials and equipment in advance so as to eliminate wasted time for the crews.
- Ensure that all company paper work including personnel reviews, time sheets, etc. are completed accurately, on time, and turned in prior to established deadlines.
- Ensure that daily equipment checks are done and that all equipment hours are turned in accurately and on time.
- Coordinate and completes any punch list, inspection, or testing items in a timely manner
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of apprenticeship program or an equivalent 4-6 years of relevant field experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must have the following skills: blue print reading and interpretation, scheduling and planning of tasks, trade--specific skills, understanding of how to measuring and track productivity, ability to manage a crew and a fundamental understanding of the building process.
- Knowledgeable of construction safety and have completed have or are completing the 30-hour OSHA certification.
- Knowledgeable with the various tools and equipment utilized in commercial construction.
- Able to plan tasks, schedule manpower and equipment.
- Must have skills in documenting their work including; production units, extra work requests, timesheets, equipment hours and daily logs.
- Able to coordinate the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at heights as required.
- Able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally more.
- Able to use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects.
Corna Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life insurance paid time off and a 401K plan.
Corna Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.