Provide assistance to in-house Counsel and project teams, by coordinating, administering and supervising Client contract work flows, using standardized methods relating to the processing and recording of contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Owner Contract Review
- Provide documented review of owner provided contracts related to project pursuits, to identify potential risk issues.
- Engage in-house legal counsel and insurance providers to gather and compile their comments into a final contract review document.
- Communicate all comments to the project Executive Sponsor and project Primary Contact, to commence negotiation and/or qualification, and develop strategies for risk mitigation.
- Participate in contract negotiations with client, as requested.
Owner Contract Development
- Work with the project team to develop client contracts, when we are requested to author.
- Administer and participate in contract versioning and revisions through final execution.
- Record all final executed contracts to central contract management repository on SharePoint.
- Assist project teams with contractual documents (I.e. GMP Amendments).
- Manage, track and report contract status to ensure timely completion to maintain project schedules.
- Other tasks/duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies, or other related degree and/or 3 to 5 years of contract experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheets and presentations.
- Previous experience with ConsensusDocs and AIA contract authoring software a plus.
- Highly functioning, multi-task oriented while not losing sight of the details.
- Ability to maintain and handle extremely confidential information within appropriate standards.
- Must be able to understand and interpret construction contracts.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with people of all knowledge levels.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to prioritize.
- Must have the ability to make decisions with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, percentages, and fractions.
Corna Kokosing Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.