This position serves as an integral part in all Human Resources functions, with specific emphasis on full cycle recruitment activities, new hire on-boarding, team member relations, retention, compliance, and special projects that support a Top Workplace employer and culture.
You will be a collaborator, partner and advocate to provide guidance to team members at all levels within the organization. The position is expected to apply Recruiting and HR knowledge and expertise to carry out responsibilities effectively.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Execute the company’s recruiting plans.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and the company’s team members
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Fill open positions efficiently and effectively
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of anticipated needs
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates
- Assist with company website recruiting page to aid in recruiting.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Conduct prescreening phone interviews
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the applicant tracking system
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential team members
- Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Manage the use of recruiters and headhunters
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and offer letters
College and Technical School Recruiting
- Coordinate college and technical school recruiting initiatives.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Develop working relationships within colleges and technical schools to aid in recruiting
- Give presentations at colleges and technical career centers, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Assist with the co-op and apprenticeship programs
- Communicate and maintain processes for the Team Member Referral Bonus Program to cultivate new talent
- Prepare for new hire in advance of first day.
- Ensure all new hires receive training “backpack” QR code stickers at orientation
- Take pictures of all new team members at orientation
General HR Administration
- Team Member advocate
- Ensure documentation is entered and accurately retained in operating system
- Perform drug/alcohol testing process
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Possess Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent combinations of technical training and experience
- Three to five years of recruiting experience in the construction industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of general principles of recruiting
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Experience in candidate sourcing solutions
- Knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation
Corna Kokosing Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.