|Title:||Director of Safety|
Responsible for the overall safety and well-being of our team members, including creating a culture of zero at-risk behaviors, leading innovative safety initiatives, managing the execution of our safety program, and in collaboration with leadership and management, building a best-in-class safe work environment for all Team Members, subcontractors and the clients being served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to following Corna Kokosing’s values, policies and procedures, the primary responsibilities of this position currently include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Helps create a culture of zero at-risk behaviors
- Drives safety initiatives and cultivates pro-active and positive safety communications and programs across the organization
- Utilizes current technology to plan and implement safe work practices
- Works in tandem with leadership and Operations to support and implement positive and progressive changes in the Company’s safety culture
- Designs, plans, coordinates, and facilitates programs & training that foster an environment of safety while always building greater safety awareness and encouraging safe work practices throughout the organization
- Ensures jobsite inspections occur on a regular basis to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures, and follow up to verify measures have been implemented
- Investigates and documents all accidents and injuries, and identifies root cause and submits report for changes and preventive actions
- Oversees and directs the Company Safety Committee
- Ensure training of OSHA 10 Hour/30 Hour and all other training takes place as required
- Plans and implements associate safety orientation training program for new hires
- Provide guidance on safety process improvements, government/OSHA requirements, and best-practices
- Provide analysis and information/data on trends and make appropriate recommendations
- Advises company of industry related regulatory changes with which the company must comply along with the roadmap for the change
- Collaborates with other organizations (partnered companies, subcontractors, and clients) to ensure Company’s safety programs and policies are adhered to
- Participates in the Executive Safety Team and implement corporate strategies
- Participates in monthly Senior Safety Managers meeting
- Fosters relationships with other external safety experts in the industry to share best practices and emerging trends
- Attends and actively participates in relevant industry conferences and professional meetings including: AGC of Ohio, American Society of Safety Engineers, National Safety Council, and Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
- Audits practices and records to ensure compliance with programs and federal/state OSHA regulations
- Identify and implement best practices and new methodology to take the organization’s offerings to the next level
- Manages the Safety Department budget
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Engineering, or other related field.
- 10+ years’ experience of successful and progressive safety leadership in commercial construction.
- Knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and best practices.
- Sound decision-making based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue and invites input from all Team Members.
- Diplomatic in working with and through others.
- Ability to effectively write, articulate, and generally communicate to engage Team Members, leadership, and others in a productive and credible manner.
- Maintains OSHA 500 Construction Outreach Trainer credential.
- Experience developing an innovation strategy towards safety.
- Ability to run complex meetings with multiple attendees and hold participants accountable for deliverables.
- Ability to think past current constraints and influence others to gain buy-in and alignment.
Corna Kokosing Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.